Department of Information TechnologyDepartment of Information technology was set up in 2006. The department aims at providing quality education in Information Technology. Department of Information Technology works as the controlling center of computing for the entire institute. The department function as a Nodal agency for the department wide networking across the entire Institute and provides internet connectivity to various departments through its servers, radio links, and switches. The department also has dedicated labs for Internet access.
Programmes offered by the Department
- Name of the Programme - B .Tech. (IT)
- Nature of Programme - Full Time
- Duration - 4 Years
- Current Intake - Morning Shift: 120 seats, Evening Shift (started in 2015): 60 seats
- Initial Intake - 60 Seats
- Revised Intake (Ist Revision ) - 2006, 120
Conference / Seminars
DEPARTMENT @ FACEBOOK
- The FDP was conducted on “Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks” from 24th to 28th April, 2017 and it was through NITTTR, Chandigarh. All the faculties attended the FDP and topics covered were Overview of Neural Network, Back Propagation, MATLAB Programming in Neural Network.
- The FDP was conducted on “Multimedia Tools and Utilities” from 27th to 31st March, 2017 and it was through NITTTR, Chandigarh. All the faculties attended the FDP and topics covered were Flash Scripting, Adobe Photoshop, Multimedia Tools and Authoring.
- Govt. Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya , GautamPuri came to NIEC college for Industrial Visit. It is as per scheme (Skill India Mission) under which NSQF project is being run and school has arranged an Industrial Visit for 9th class students. 43 students participated in the event and this was organized by IT Department. The event was held on 22 Feb, 2017.
- The Department conducted an Expert Lecture on “Big Data and Hadoop” for 2nd and 3rd Year students on 16th Feb, 2017. Mr. Pankaj (Sr. Research Engineer) from Impracto Technologies conducted the lecture. Topics covered were Big Data Overview, Challenges of Big data etc.
- Govt. Boys Sr. Sec. School X-Block,Brahmpuri came to NIEC college for Industrial Visit. It is as per scheme (Skill India Mission) under which NSQF project is being run and school has arranged an Industrial Visit for 9th class students. 50 students participated in the event and this was organized by IT Department. The event was held on 24 Jan,2017.
- The Department conducted an Expert Lecture on “Build your Smart IoT Devices” for 2nd and 3rd Year students on 23rd Jan, 2017. Dr. S.R.N Redddy from IGTDW(Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women) conducted the lecture and Topics covered were Internet of Things and Augumented Reality Overview etc.
- The FDP was conducted on “ Cloud Computing” from 5th to 9th December,16 and it was through NITTTR, Chandigarh. All the faculties attended the FDP and topics covered were Overview of Cloud Computing, Hypervisors and Xen Cloud OS, Cloud Storage, Network as a Service and Software as a Service, Light Weight Containers using Dockers, Scheduling in Cloud, Simulating Cloud Concepts using CloudSim, Big Data Analysis and NoSQL Databases, Mobile Cloud computing, Application Development using Android, Virtualization level Security, Demo of using IaaS, Deploying applications using PaaS.
- The Department conducted an Expert Lecture on “Cyber Security and Hacking” on 13th Oct,2016 by Mr. Deepak , Sr. Software Engineer. Topics covered were Cyber Attacks, Self-Inflicted Cyber Security Wounds etc.
- The Department conducted an Expert Lecture on “Big Data and Hadoop” for 2nd and 3rd Year students on 7th Sept,16. Mr. Pankaj,Sr. Research Engineer from Aptron Technologies, Noida conducted the lecture. Topics covered were Big Data Overview, Types of Big data, Challenges of Big data, Big Data Technologies etc.
- 'Techverve - The spirit never ends' on 20th and 21st October,2015.
- IT Department in collaboration with CSE Department organized an annual technical festival ‘Techverve - The spirit never ends’ on 20th and 21st October,2015.
- In the era of huge technological advancements and the spirit of leaping forward in all possible ways, TechVerve’15 bring a varied extravaganza of events. It aimed at bringing forth the true engineers in us, with the help of a myriad of mindboggling competitions. TechVerve catered to many nerve-wrecking events along with some fun events, thus, providing a perfect arena for young techgeeks.
- The motive of TechVerve’15 was to provide a platform for young budding minds and help spread the best of science and technology. There were 35 Events, number of participants were there. There was huge crowd in FIFA, DOTA,NFS,C for Chaplin, Code Greek, Web Quiz, App on, Code Jam and many more. Students of various colleges participated in the TechVerve, Maharaja Agarsen Institute of Technology, Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, Bhartiya Vidyapheeth College of Engineering and Technology etc.
- Workshop on 2nd September,2015 - Information Technology Department in collaboration with “C# Corner” organized a Workshop on " How and what to study to crack the test and interviews of IT companies on 2nd September, 2015 in Auditorium. The expert Mr. Kamal Rawat was from Adobe, Noida.
- Expert Lecture on 31st August,2015 - Information Technology Department organized an Expert Lecture on "Evolution of Computing" on 31st August, 2015 in Auditorium. Prof.(Dr.) Surendra Kumar, Director, RIET was the expert for the talk. He was formerly Senior Scientist, Bhabha Atomic Research Center(BARC) and also the visiting Scientist in Hahn-Meitner Institute Berlin, Germany.
- Expert Talk on 25th August,2015 - Information Technology Department in collaboration with “C# Corner” organized an Expert Talk on "C#" on 25th August, 2015. The expert Mr. Dhananjay Kumar was from Evangelist Infragistics. He is having 900 blog posts and has delivered 70 community sessions. He is being Microsoft MVP form last 6 years too. The session briefed about C# technology and guided students that how to develop website using C# in easy steps.
- Expert Lecture on 13th February, 2015 - Information Technology department organized an expert lecture on 13th February, 2015. Mr. Bhupendra Singh, AlmaMate Solutions Pvt. Limited blessed Information Technology students with his knowledge. The topic for the lecture was Mobile Communication Applications.
- Expert Lecture on 30th January, 2015 - Information Technolgy department organized an expert lecture on 30th January, 2015. Dr. Devender Kumar Tayal blessed Information Technology students with his knowledge. The topic for the lecture was Artificial Intelligence. Dr. Devendra Kumar Tayal is working as Professor in IGTDW (Indira Gandhi Delhi Technial Univeity for Women). Artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence exhibited by machines or software. It is an academic field of study which studies the goal of creating intelligence.
- National Conference named ETCICT i.e. Emerging trends in computing and information communication technology on 1-2 May 2014 - Two Days Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Communication Technology was organised on 1-2 May,2014.
- Expert Lecture on 30th April, 2014 - IT Department organized a Workshop on "Basic Internet Security and Cyber Crime” on 30th April, 2014 by i3Indya Technologies. i3indyaTM Technologies (A unit of I THREE INFOTECH PVT LTD) with its foundation pillars as Innovation, Information and Intelligence is exploring indefinitely as a Technology service provider and as a Training Organization.
- Tech Trivia on 13th March,2014 - IT Department organised "Tech Trivia - The annual Quiz Competition" of Northern India Engineering College on 13th March, 2014. It was open for all the branches and years. Around 25 teams participated in the Preliminary Round and best 5 were selected for the stage round. The quiz consists of Technical cum general knowledge questions.
- Expert Lecture on 4th March,2014 - Information Technology department organized an expert lecture on 4th March, 2014. Prof. (Dr.) Rattan K Datta blessed Information Technology students with his knowledge. The topic for the lecture was FUN with Computing. Dr. Datta was Director, International Monsoon Data Management Centre.
- Expert Lecture on 29th January,2014 - Information Technology Department organized an expert lecture on “Data Warehousing and data mining” on 29th January, 2014. Dr Vishal Bhatnagar after reaching towering heights in his career.Expert came to enlighten NIECians with his voluminous knowledge in Data mining and Data warehousing. Dr. Bhatnagar is presently serving in computer science and engineering department of Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research. He has 58 Journal and Conference publications on his expertise at national and international level. He is currently working as reviewer of more than 10 international referred journals.
- Expert Lecture on 10th September. 2013 - IT Department hosted a workshop cum expert lecture on Android Applications for IT final year students. Experts and Developers from Monograph Publishing Pvt. Ltd. Gurgaon imparted knowledge with demonstration in the workshop. The session was quiet educative.
- Expert Lecture on 16th August,2013 - IT Department Organized an expert lecture on 16th August, 2013 on Mobile Adhoc Network (MANET) by Dr. R. S. Raw. Presently he is associated with the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technology and Research (AIACTR), Geeta Colony.
- The Department of Information Technology had organized a National Conference ‘NCINT-2011’ on the topic “Information and Network Technology’ at NIEC Campus, Shastri park, New Delhi held on 14-15th October 2011. Chief Guest- Sh Anand Prakash (I.A.S) Principle Secreatary, Training and Technical education, Delhi. Guest of Honor: Prof. D.K. Bandopadyaye Hon’ble VC, GGSIPU.
- The Department of Information Technology had organized a one-day Seminar (in association with the Department of Computer Science) on “An Innovative Approach towards the cutting Edge Technologies” on Jan 21, 2010. The trust areas of the Seminar are: a. Fuzzy Inferencing & its Application by Dr. Harmeet Kaur (DU) b. Cloud Computing by Mr. Chandrakant S. Harne (HCL Infosystem) c. Information Security by Mr. Nitin Dewan (K.R. Information Security System)
- The Department of IT had organized a one day Seminar on “Emerging & Future Trends of Information Technology”, Technophilia- 2008 on 28th feb, 2008.
- One day Seminar on IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD) conducted by IBM for students who participated in “THE GREAT MIND CHALLENGE CONTEST 2009” of IBM.
- Three days Workshop on DB2 conducted by IBM organized by Department of IT & CSE for 180 students on 12th-14th October’ 09.
- One day Seminar on Personality Development , Group Discussion and Personal Interview by T.I.M.E on 1st September 2009.
- One Day Workshop on Networking by Mr. Amit Kumar (IT Department, NIEC).
- Two days Workshop on Ethical Hacking organized by IT Deptt on 7th & 8th OCT-2011.
- Orientation Program Organized By Amit Kumar Sharma (Faculty of IT Department NIEC) on 21st Sep-2011.
- Two days LAN Gaming Event Organized By Mr. Arvind Panwar (Faculty Of IT Department NIEC) on 29th & 30th SEP-2011.
- Ms. Megha Jain, Achieve a Gold Medal in 2010.
- The college is selected as one of the top 30 colleges from all the participating colleges all over India for The Great Mind Challenge Contest 2009 under the Faculty Mentorship of Ms. Jyoti Verma (IT Deptt, NIEC).
- Two of college final year students secured 3rd position at GGSIP University level inter-college held in 2008 under the guidance of Ms. Jyoti Verma (IT Department faculty).