INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established with an objective to plan, implement and monitor quality enhancement activities of the college.
ObjectiveThe main objectives are
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
StrategiesIQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
FunctionsSome of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process; Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education; Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement; Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body in the prescribed format.
|Senior Administrative Officers||Dr. V.Kumar|
|Dr. Kavita Gupta|
|Dr. Shafiqul Abidin|
|Dr. Divya Gangwar|
|Mr. Anupam Sharma|
|Mr. Neeraj Kumar|
|Mr. Ajit Sharma|
|Ms. Pallavi Joshi|
|Ms. Maninder Kaur|
|Mr. Saurabh Gupta|
|Teachers||Dr. Anuradha Tomar|
|Mr. Asim Sahore|
|Ms. Megha Gupta|
|Ms. Neha Sharma|
|Mr. Umesh Kumar|
|Mr. Gaurav Verma|
|Mr. Amrit Tiwari|
|Ms. Ekta Jain|
|Management Representative||Mr. Vijay Dheer |
|Nominees from Alumni||Mr.Vikas Deep|
|External Nominees||Dr. M.P. Poonia Director, NITTTR Chandigarh|
|Dr. Ashish Agrawal , SOET IGNOU New Delhi|
|Coordinator of the IQAC||Mr. Ram Prakash|
|Assistant Coordinator of the IQAC||Mr.Ankit Agrawal|
Quality EducationNorthern India Engineering College (NIEC), New Delhi has many features for providing quality education to their students. Some of the features are as follows:
Virtual Lab is the initiative of Ministry of HRD under the National Mission on Education through ICT. Inauguration of NIEC Virtual Lab is done by IIT, Delhi on August 09, 2011. NIEC is workiing as a Nodal Center for the Virtual Lab.
The Objective of the Virtual Lab is
|To provide remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.|
|To enthuse students to conduct experiments by the arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.|
|To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self evaluation.|
|To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.|
Broad Areas of Virtual Labs:
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Chemical Sciences|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Physical Sciences|
|Electrical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
College has a facility of EduSAT for imparting the Knowledge from various resourceful persons.
EduSAT is a communications satellite which was launched on September 20, 2004 by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). EduSAT is the first Indian satellite built exclusively to serve the Educational Sector. It is mainly intended to meet the demand for an interactive satellite-based distance education system for the country. NPTEL Video Lectures
NIEC providing e-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Science and humanities streams through NPTEL. The mission of NPTEL is to enhance the quality of Engineering education in the country.