NIEC has its own self-driven departments. Each department has an independent infrastructure. The heads of these departments assume complete charge of the departments - teaching, management, development, research, industry interaction, etc and these are supported by a team of Professors, Asst. Professors, Lecturers and technical/administrative staff. With complete clarity on the core concentration of the stream of study, they are able to devise and pool their own innovative ideas to nourish and nurture academic excellence.
The department of engineering has been playing a vital role in producing scientists and technologists of highest caliber. The Institute is organized into 7 engineering departments, along with individual departments for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities and MBA All departments, center and inter-disciplinary programmers have their own laboratory facilities.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Applied Science and Humanities