Dr. Yamini S. - ProfileDr. Yamini S. is working as professor in the Dept. of Physics. She did her M.Sc. in Physics in 1989 and subsequently completed her Ph. D in 1993 both from Kerala University, Kerala. During doctoral work, she specifically focused on the Ionospheric Foreign plasma irregularities. She has published several papers in national and international journals and presented papers in conferences. Before joining NIEC in 2003, she has gained excellent experience of about 10 years at various Delhi University Colleges and Engineering Colleges of UPTU like Deshbandhu College - Miranda House, Maharaja Agrasen College and IILM COE.
- First SERC School on Upper Atmospheric Studies, Shivaji University, Kolhapur (10 Jun-1 July 1991).
- Third SERC School on Upper Atmospheric Studies, NPL, New Delhi, April 1996.
- Workshop on Plasma Physics held at Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore (March 2-6, 1992).
- Two day workshop on Quantum Mechanics organized by Department of Physics, IIT Delhi in Nov.2006.
- Two day Seminar “CHEMSummit 2008 : Chemical industry’s contribution to nation building”, organized by CII, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers on 25th & 26th March 2008 at Hotel Le Meridien, Delhi.
- Three day Seminar on Modern Trends in Celestial Mechanics organized by Deshbandhu College, Delhi University on 17 – 19 March, 2010.
List of Publications
- HF Doppler spectrum under spread F and non-spread F conditions at magnetic equator, Seventh International conference on Antennas and Propagation, Conference Publication Number 333,902-905,1991.
- Response of F-region vertical drift at the Magnetic equator to the Interplanetary magnetic field fluctuations, Indian J-Radio Space Physics, 22,338-341,1993.
- Evolution of HF Doppler spectra of Equatorial spread F, International Symposium on optical and radio remote sensing of the atmospheric environment (1990), National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi.
- Study of the lifetime of ionospheric fluctuations at the magnetic equator using HF Doppler radar, National Space Science Symposium (1992), Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad.
- Response of equatorial F region vertical drift velocities to short period Interplanetary Magnetic Field Fluctuations, National Space Science Symposium (1994), Space Physics Laboratory, VSSC, Trivandrum.
- Vector Plasma drifts and its fluctuations in the evening F region at the magnetic equator, National Space Science Symposium (1994), Space Physics Laboratory, VSSC, Trivandrum.
- MEMS Technology, National Conference (2004), Bharitya Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, New Delhi.
- Nanotechnology: A giant leap in space exploration, National Conference on Nanotechnology at KIIT, Gurgaon on 12 Feb. 2011.